Prev: model question.... Next: RE: Starguard/ Stargrunt Redux.

Re: More 6mm Infantry

From: dbell@z... (David G. Bell)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 13:41:48 -0500
Subject: Re: More 6mm Infantry

In message <Pine.A32.3.95.970221084408.25947B-100000@unix1.cc.ysu.edu>
Scott R Pyle writes:

> P.S. Who does the small scale infantry pictured in the DSII rulebook?
> Is it still available?

They're the Irregular Miniatures figures, address as in the Dirtside II
rules.

They don't look too bad at a distance, but the ones I have look rather
crude in style -- they do a lot of 6mm stuff and the later designs are
better.  Some of the AFV designs are very good.

There are several manufacturers of WW2 and contemporary 6mm infantry
which might be a better choice.  Heroics & Ros are the best, I think.
Hallmark Miniatures did some quite good pre-packaged infantry companies,

fireteams cast onto a textured base.  Adler Miniatures are also
advertising WW2 stuff.

But it does depend what you want.  The H&R figures are rather like the
stuff GZG puts out, in that the figures have a much less chunky look
than others of nominally the same scale.

--
David G. Bell -- Farmer, SF Fan, Filker, Furry, and Punslinger..

Prev: model question.... Next: RE: Starguard/ Stargrunt Redux.