Prev: Re: More FT Ideas..... Next: Re: More FT Ideas.....

Re: Star Trek Ships

From: dbell@z... (David G. Bell)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 03:08:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Star Trek Ships

In message <199702200134.UAA28373@mail3.voicenet.com> John Crimmins
writes:
>	  The other day, I saw a trio of new Monogram models of ships
from
> Star Trek Voyager: The Voyager itself, a Kazon ship, and a Maquie
(spelled
> wrong, beyond a doubt) ship.	They are each snap kits, sold
seperately, and
> PRE-PAINTED.	Not amazingly, to be sure, but well enough to be used on
the
> table without much work.  Some weathering might not be amiss, though.
> don't know the scale, but all three appeared to be about the same size
as a
> typical Micro Machine ship--maybe a little bigger.  And the prices
were
> nice; somewhere in the $2.95 range.  I don't do ST myself, but I
though that
> some of you might be interested.  They are sold in tiny boxes with
hang
> tabs, the whole affair not being much larger than a typical blister
pack.
> Sorry, I don't have the stock numbers....

Going by the Maquis Fighter model, pre-painting is definitely minimal.
They include a stand, and the Maquis ship doesn't look out of place in
the standard GZG universe.  2 inches long.

The illustration on the packaging is the same as for the larger kit.
There is a lot less detail moulded onto the model.

--
David G. Bell -- Farmer, SF Fan, Filker, Furry, and Punslinger..

Prev: Re: More FT Ideas..... Next: Re: More FT Ideas.....