Prev: Re: A long, rambling farewell Next: RE: 15mm figures

Re: Where this all started...

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 05:30:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Where this all started...

>> EX-Colonial types.
>>
>> Us Colonial types have been fully metricised for over 25 years.
>>

>Yeah - Keep your condescending terms of reference aimed at the right
>people - the Yanks are EX-Colonials and We here in OZ are Soon-To-Be
>EX-Colonials (and our head of state will still feel up the regency...
>:-) ).
> I work in the fishing tackle supply biz and we are forced to use
>imperial for dealing with our items simply because these are the terms
>of reference most used internationally - despite our extensive
>application of the metric system - games are like this I guess......
>
>Brendan

OK, point taken... :)
Meanwhile, back at the plot (and so as not to further upset anyone), the
definitive answer to the original question is quite simply: I personally
think that inches work nicely for miniatures gaming - cms/mms are too
fiddly when you're moving and positioning models by eye IMHO.
Guess we'd better move on now....

Jon T.

Prev: Re: A long, rambling farewell Next: RE: 15mm figures