Prev: Re: The Curmudgeon Rants Again Next: Re: A long, rambling farewell

Re: Where this all started...

From: Brendan Pratt <pratt@m...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 03:57:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Where this all started...

Alan Brain wrote:

> Ground Zero Games wrote:
>
> > Simply, everything ISN'T metric quite yet, though it is slowly
turning that
> > way thanks to the interfering ******* in Brussels. OK, Imperial
measures
> > aren't taught in school any more, but I still like inches for gaming
-
> > centimetres are too fine for miniatures IMHO. And of course we've
got to
> > think of you colonial types who don't use metric at all.... :)
>
> EX-Colonial types.
>
> Us Colonial types have been fully metricised for over 25 years.

Yeah - Keep your condescending terms of reference aimed at the right
people - the Yanks are EX-Colonials and We here in OZ are Soon-To-Be
EX-Colonials (and our head of state will still feel up the regency...
:-) ).
 I work in the fishing tackle supply biz and we are forced to use
imperial for dealing with our items simply because these are the terms
of reference most used internationally - despite our extensive
application of the metric system - games are like this I guess......

Brendan

Prev: Re: The Curmudgeon Rants Again Next: Re: A long, rambling farewell