Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: Where this all started...

FT Mecha rules

From: "Donald A. Chipman III" <tre@i...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 11:08:23 -0500
Subject: FT Mecha rules

Well, I wasted a portion of my life watching the pointless and empty
Robotech II: The Sentinels last night.	As disappointing as it was (even
when viewed through the haze of a 6 pack), it didn't stop me from
sitting
down and hammering out preliminary Robotech-type fighters for Full
Thrust.
These are pretty rough, and I haven't figured out pricing yet.	They
also
tend to make the mechs significantly more powerful than your standard
figheter, so stock up on your PDAFs.  Comments, critisisims, and further
ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Bear in mind that I'm pretty much a
novice in the world of Anime, so go easy on me.

Mecha rules:

Mecha can be targeted by fighters, ADAF, PDAF, and C batteries
(operating in
PD mode) exactly as per standard fighters.  Command Armor gives Mecha
the
same advantages as Heavy Fighters.

Transforming:
Switching from one form to another takes 1 turn, during which the mech
has a
maximum speed of 10.  While transforming, mecha cannot attack, although
they
can defend if attacked as per the rules for fighters attacked with spent
endurance (MT 11): on a roll of 1-2, they suffer the attack from the
enemy
but may not return fire at all, 3-4 they manage to evade the enemy and
continue on course, 5-6 they may engage in dogfighting as normal.
	Transformable mecha have three forms in which to chose from:

	Fighter Mode: In this form, the mech looks like an advanced
fighter plane,
and behaves exactly as per standard fighters (FT 16-17).

	Guardian Mode:	Halfway between Fighter and Battloid modes, the
Guardian
gains the speed of the fighter with the agility of the Battloid to give
the
group the abilities of an interceptor group.  Movement speed is 10.

	Battloid Mode:	The traditional humanoid robot form, Battloid
Mode gives
the group the ability to behave as if they had an Ace.	While in
Battloid
mode, movement is slowed to 8 instead of 12, but otherwise the group
behaves
as if they were in standard fighters.
	While in this mode, Battloids can engage in boarding party
actions.  Each
battloid which ends its turn within 2" of an enemy ship may attempt to
board
the ship.  On a roll of 3 or better on a d6, the Battloid has made it
aboard
and can fight as if it was a 4-man boarding Team (MT 7).  If the
Battloid
fails the roll, it is assumed that the pilot couldn't find a large
enough
entrance for his mech and must remain outside for the remainder of the
turn.
Battloids can attempt to destroy any one system on board a ship; The
attacker must roll a d6.  If he rolls lower or equal to  half the amount
of
Battloids involved in the attack (rounded down), he suceeds, and the
system
is downed as if hit by a needle beam attack.  Battleoids attempting such
an
attack cannot otherwise attack during that turn.
	Battloids cannot take over a ship or serve as a prize crew; they
can
only attack its crew and systems.  While serving in boarding actions,
Battloids do not  expend endurance points.
	Defending ships may use their own Mechs for internal defense;
each
group acts as 6 defense factors (with each Battloid operating as a 4-man
defensive team).  A ship can commit all of its mecha groups to internal
defense, but can only move them from the hangar bays to the hallways as
fast
as it launch them normally (1 group per turn for normal craft, 2 for
carriers).  However, this does not count against the number of mechs the
ship can launch.  For example, a carrier can launch 2 mecha groups AND
divert two groups to internal defense.

Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: Where this all started...