Prev: Re: Fighter groups Next: Re: Fighter groups

Re: Fighter groups

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 22:35:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighter groups

> I agree with the intent of the endurance rules but I think the return
>  range after endurance expenditure should be lengthened to say 6 turns
or
>  something like that.

I completely ignore the return range rule.  We treat combat endurance as
ordanance and maybe fuel for radical maneuvering, but assume that
fighters
have plenty to limp home.

As for launches, We allow a supership to launch one additional fighter
each
turn per 100 MASS.  Supership carriers may launch one additional fighter
per
turn per additional 50 MASS.  Recovery rates increase by one at 200 and
100
MASS for standard and carrier superships.  Thus a MASS 300 supership
could
launch 6 fighters each turn, recover 3 fighters each turn, and assuming
resonable amount of defenses, carry around 20 squadrons.  Ouch.

Note however, that no supership carriers have been constructed, but
balance
looks good.

Later

Brian

Prev: Re: Fighter groups Next: Re: Fighter groups