Prev: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply... Next: More speed is life

Re: Full Thrust Demo Derby!

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:52:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Full Thrust Demo Derby!

Rick Rutherford writes:
@:) On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, How much of this cave is underground? wrote:
@:) > >SPEED IS LIFE!!!
@:) >
@:) > Is this necessarily true in FT?
@:)
@:) Yes!  More accurately, relative speed is life, especially when
@:) facing big mean one-arc weapons like wave guns and railguns.
@:)
@:) Speed is also the best defense against missiles...

  Both of these statements are true.  However there is at least one
exception (I think) which is when your ship is carrying AA
megabatteries. In this case, assuming the opponent doesn't have them,
it is in your best interests to close the range as slowly as possible,
especially in that crucial 54"-36" bracket where your opponent is
unable to fire on you.	In this case I've found it useful to enter the
battle at a very low speed or even stopped and let the enemy come to
me.

-joachim

Prev: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply... Next: More speed is life