Prev: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply... Next: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply...

Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 17:00:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

At 04:11 PM 2/6/97 +0000, you wrote:
>However a
>source of OK cheap figs is the ALIENS Colonial marine boxed set. Most
>stores are liquidating them if they have any. I bought 3 boxes for
>$4.00 US each. They look pretty good with my SGII FSE Minis. I use
>the group as mercenaries to explain the figure equipment variations.

These figures are from Leading Edge Games. They also produced true 25mm
figures for their Living Steel game. I bought a whole bunch of these for
use
with SG2, but I am now planning to use 15mm figures. I also have a whole
bunch of Kryomek resin vehicles, so the idea of a 25mm SG2 hasn't been
thrown out completely.

The friend of the owner of LEG is getting rid of these figures at major
cons. He usually sells them for about US$7. This include 8 figures, and
plastic case (with foam) for storage. They are a nice set of miniatures.
I've seen a couple of places sell them at GenCon for $5 a box (one guy
was
flogging the box as a cheap storage case, totally ignoring the
miniatures)
but their assortment was limited. Along with the Aliens stuff, there are
also Terminator models by the same company.

The Starguild and Seven Sword power armour sets can be used almost
universally (the Starguild would make good MI if you want to try
Starship
Troopers). The Neemis Enterprise boxed set would supply one five person
squad (one of the figs is female) and three power armoured support
troops.
Another set (can't remember the name) consist of "humanoid hamsters" in
combat suits (lighter than power armour) if you want a set of enemies.
The
Larden (unarmoured lizard guys) and Dragoncrests (power armoured lizard
guys; no relation to Larden) make another nice alien force. The Visser
set
is good for armed civilians. They are an excellent buy, but I think the
figures might be getting scarce.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.