Prev: Re: Dirtside II: Local Air Defense. Next: Re: DS2: stats for Epic miniatures

Re: Dirtside II: Local Air Defense.

From: PsyWraith@a...
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 17:11:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II: Local Air Defense.

<< I'm reading the book and I can see how Local Air Defense systemd can
engage
 attacking aircraft.  My next question is back in the missile section.
The
 rules say that a Zone Defense system can engage any missile within 12
inches
 and that a Point Defense System can engage missiles coming at the unit.
 The
 rules also give the dice size for the attacks, however it provides
neither
 for Local Air defense.  If you have any knowledge of how its supposed
 work, please let me know.
   Phil P. >>

Well, LAD infantry are pretty much high-tech SAM teams like Stinger or
Grail.
 They don't have the sensors or weapons fast enough or with enough ammo
hit an incoming missile.  VTOLs and aerospace though are doable.

Morgan Keyes
Sine Pari
Airborne All The Way!

Prev: Re: Dirtside II: Local Air Defense. Next: Re: DS2: stats for Epic miniatures