Prev: Re: Merchant Hulls and Amphibious Vessesls Next: Re: Mines

Re: Ogre Figures

From: SGibson260@a...
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 13:54:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Ogre Figures

<< Are the miniature rules a variation of the hex game?
 For instance, do you still add up some number of units'
 attack strength and compare to a defense strength?
 Or are the rules redone for the miniatures game?

 thanks,
 andy >>

To speed up play, we have run Ogre Minis on my Geohex Battlescape
terrain.
 We just counted each hex as 2", and the games went very smoothly.
Ogres (of
which our whole group has two-a Fencer and a Mk III) take up two spaces.
We used the following minis for Ogre Minis vehicles:
Ral Partha Battletech Demolisher-Ogre Minis Superheavy Tank
GW Epic superheavy tanks (Baneblade, etc)-various OGRE MK I's (with
diff.
wpns)
Fortress Figures Plastic Hovertanks (from the $10.00 bag)-GEV PC's and
GEV's
RP BTech Savannah Masters-LGEVs
Various CMD Helicopters-Various VTOL's from the online Airstrike rules
(which
need some tweaking, BTW)
smaller CMD tanks (5/blister)-LT TANKS
bigger CMD tanks-HVY TANKS
GW Epic Imperial Gd & Marine Stands-INF
CMD Light and Heavy Boats-We made up rules for HVY, SHVY, and MSL ships
(we
love having major river crossings-one OGRE limped to the safety of the
river
with only one tread unit left!)
SIMTAC missile tanks-MSL TANKS
SIMTAC ?rolling thunder? cybertank & my Fencer-Any kind of OGRE MK2 or
larger
we needed to represent)

As you can see, our group is very big into generic figures.  Have Fun!

Regards,
Steve Gibson

Prev: Re: Merchant Hulls and Amphibious Vessesls Next: Re: Mines