Prev: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust

Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

From: Nothing's the same anymore <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 15:41:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

>> (read normal-looking) miniatures, I'm definately a Ral Partha /
>> Grenadier miniatures guy, not a Games Workshop guy, but you have to
draw
>> the line on really poor, tiny miniatures, but from what I've heard
I'll
>> try 'em, well, at least a few.
>>

>	Preach it, brother! I too, am a Ral Partha man--that's why I
like
>the Stargrunt mins so much; they are straight 25mm minis that have that
>hard SF feel to them. Starguard aliens might be the best bet for
someone
>who isn't into the smaller space marines, but wants a nice assortment
of
>aliens to throw at his Stargrunt or RP minis. I highly recommend the
>Dreenoi starter set--you get 10 "bugs" for 10 bucks. Not bad.

Okay, semi-ignorant question from moi: what scale is the GW (non-Epic)
stuff at? (okay, what scale is their Epic stuff at, then, too?). I
haven't
seen any Stargrunt figures here (even went looking at the local Big
Supplier
yesterday after work; no Stargrunt, but finally plenty of FT ships :). I
happen to own 10 Space Marines (courtesy of my brother one x-mas, who is
big
into GW), and want to know: are they going to be too big for Stargrunt
figs?
I've been trying to follow this thread (among others :)  to devine this
knowledge, and either it slipped past me, or no one mentioned it 'cause
y'all
know what you're discussing and I don't (yet).

Mk
-
  /@		       .  .	      If you insist on reaching for a
  <|\			  .  )	      star, be prepared to take a long,
   |		     /\ 	      hard fall.
   |		    //
   /		 o //*		      Indy - climber, astronomer,
adventurer
  /		<%- /|\ 	      supreme. Have rope, will travel.

Prev: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust