Prev: Re: Ogre Minis Next: RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

From: Scott R Pyle <srpyle@c...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 06:52:42 -0500
Subject: RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

> >Subject:	Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII
> >
> >>	They're a little smaller than the DSII line. Dunno what size
> >they _really_ are.

	I think you must mean the SGII line.

> Well, I've found rebasing some of the smaller figs like the "Denizen"
> line from Stone Mountain or 'Partha's 25mm Battletech minis makes 'em
> look a little bigger at least.

	This has worked for me. Heavy flocking can really "boost-up" a
23mm figure like those of Starguard.

> >	>Neither, unfortunately, does their "fully illustrated" catalog.

	John McKewan does a lot with a little, I think. The whole 50's
feel of the Starguard line gives me the warm fuzzies ;-)

>	Ack, worse and worse. Has anyone seen their tanks or spaceship
> lines up close ? Also, are they exclusively mail order ? I don't
> remember ever seeing any of the minis in stores.
>
> Gene

	Exclusively mail order I believe, and incredibly fast and
efficient mail order at that! I'm expecting a big order of 1/300 Blower
Cars any day now. I'll let you folks know what I think. So far I've
gotten
a set of Starguard Power armor troopers and a a set of Dreenoi "bugs"--I
am happy with both sets, but I will state that they are not 25mm, but
more
like 22-23mm. Their simple lines lend them some elegance, though a more
discriminating miniatures fan than myself might call them crude.

Scott R. Pyle
Assistant Cataloging Librarian
Youngstown State University
srpyle@cc.ysu.edu

Prev: Re: Ogre Minis Next: RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII