Prev: ANNOUNCEMENT (Was:Re: testing, testing, 1,2) Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!

Re: Amphibious Ships

From: John Fox <john_fox@c...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:14:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Amphibious Ships

Dear FT gang:
  I am new to the game (ie I have only been able to locate a Full Thrust
not
a More Thrust book)
  Question:  How effective are missiles given the following restrictions

Move:  normal (ie 18 x 3 then within 6 )
ECM (causes a -1 to hit)
Normal possibility of hitting

Should I have some dedicated missile craft that come in and unload then
scoot?
I am thinking that a couple of destroyers each carring 3 missiles that
come
in and unload then let everything else follow up.
Is this a good strategy or will most of the missiles miss?
Is the EMP missile a good idea or should I not use it?
Would a 50% EMP and 50% normal be appropriate?

Doing lots of thinking and wondering is CA, USA
John

Prev: ANNOUNCEMENT (Was:Re: testing, testing, 1,2) Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!