Prev: Re: Firecons Next: SICK OF LACK OF OGRE (Off-Topic)

Appleseed (was Re: Dead Chuffed!)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 10:27:40 -0500
Subject: Appleseed (was Re: Dead Chuffed!)

Excerpts from FT: 3-Feb-97 Dead Chuffed! by Stuart Murray@ncl.ac.uk
> First Appleseed,  I have book one of Appleseed in graphic novel,  as I
> havn't been able to get the others yet,  so it took me a little while
> work out the beginning of the video.	It would seem that the video is
only
> loosely based on the drawn work,  can anyone comment ?

The video takes elements from the first, second and fourth graphic
novels.  The agglomeration is, IMO, nowhere near as good as the
original; needless to say, the video story changes everything around to
fit a simpler storyline, so you miss most of the points Shiro was trying
to make in the manga.

Still, if a copy's readily available, it's OK.

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: Re: Firecons Next: SICK OF LACK OF OGRE (Off-Topic)