Prev: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust

Dead Chuffed!

From: b.s.murray@n... (Stuart Murray)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 04:59:51 -0500
Subject: Dead Chuffed!

I am a bit pleased to say the least,

For my birthday the other day I got a copy of Appleseed on video (though
think I prefer the graphic novels,  but they can't really replace
watching
a landmate move).   The other thing was the last bits for my NAC pltn
along
with a LIPPC (SF25-57 I think).

First Appleseed,  I have book one of Appleseed in graphic novel,  as I
havn't been able to get the others yet,  so it took me a little while to
work out the beginning of the video.  It would seem that the video is
only
loosely based on the drawn work,  can anyone comment ?

Second the NACs,  I just got a pltn command and some more heavy weapons
(GMS,  and plasma guns).   After several years playing with GW stuf I am
impressed with the GZG infantry (with only one minor niggle at the lack
of
belt order,  WOT NO SPARE MAGS !).   One of the things I like about SG
II
is the implementation of hi tech warfare so,  of course,  I had to get
an
EW trooper plus a FO with laser spotter,  both of which are super
figures.

Finally the LIPPC,  I have been tremendously keen for a while now to
implement a force based on the Colonial Marine Handbook but I have been
lacking a drop capable APC (or one that looked it).   The LIPPC fits the
bill almost perfectly !  I am using a 1/72 Halycon Aliens Dropship and
the
LIPPC is well suited to being 'dropped' onto the table.   The LIPPC is
fractionally longer than the dropship loading ramp while at the same
time
it is slightly narower than the ramp,  there is little or no clearance
between the LIPPC and the dropships belly but who really cares about
details like that whenthe important thing is side by side the LIPPC
looks a
perfect match for the dropship.   All I need now is another dropship,
another LIPPC and a wife who doesn't take the piss out of my little
soldiers :)

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

The Department of Surgery
The Medical School
The University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE2 4HH
U.K.

ph. (44) 191 222 7076
fax. (44) 191 222 8514

Prev: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust