Prev: Re: Firecons Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust

Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust

From: Brian Bell <103311.1205@c...>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 18:15:11 -0500
Subject: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust

>	I was wondering if it would be OK if I take responsibilty for
the FT
>FAQ.
>
>Later,
>Mark

With all due respect, Mark. There are still unresolved answers to the
FAQs. The Major one is how to handle odd mass ships (3,4,5...). I prefer

to give an extra box to damage but no additional tonnage to systems.
Others (I beleve you included) prefer to provide both damage and tonnage

(making it identical, but cheaper to the next higher even toned ship).
Other prefer to provide the extra system tonnage but not the damage box.

Still other round both down. Until the rules are changed, I prefer to
see
the FAQs under dispute to still be discussed on the list. If you do send

answers to the FAQs, I would prefer to see transcripts from the list
sent
giving both sides discussion.

<switching chanels>

Odd thrust factors. I have my own guidelines for ships with odd thrust
factors. I have the players divide the move between the first and second

part of the move. The "extra" point of movement is applied to the first
half of the movement. That is a velocity of 5 with a 3 point turn would
turn 1 point, move 3", turn 2 points, and then move 2". How do others on

the list handle the situation. The rules are silent on the subject
(unless you split it 2.5" & 2.5").

Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Full Thrust Ship Registry

Prev: Re: Firecons Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust