Next: Re: Firecons

Re: Star Wars Miniatures

From: John Kovalic <muskrat@m...>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 13:04:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Star Wars Miniatures

At 06:16 PM 2/1/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>>If you have not played the Star Wars Miniatures game I strongly
suggest it.

>>AND, like Full Thrust, you can pick up cheap MicroMachines! I've got
>>fifteen or twenty squads of nine men each, thanks to those lurvely
people
>>at Galoob!
>>
>>John Kovalic
>
>I've been picking them up for my own games, but how do you get the
>stormtrooper sets?   I can't find them at the local store that carries
the
>figures.
>
>I feel like the fellow who can't seem to get ogre mini's...

Oh, the utter irony of it all.

*I* was the guy who couldn't seem to get Ogre minis.

Galoob has a weird distribution system for their packs. Some stores are
filthy rich with stormtroopers. Others will be Ewok heavy.

In Madison, at the moment, Toys-R-Us are massively heavy on
Stormtroopers.
WallMart seems to have all the new stuff (Rebel fleet troops, Imperial
fleet troops and Sand People).

Check every store around you. Another good bet is to check stores
outside
of your city whenever you get a chance. And BUY the figures you need as
soon as you see them.

This goes for MicroMachines that can be used for Full Thrust as well, of
course.

John Kovalic

	   "This must be Thursday. I never COULD get the hang of
Thursdays"
						     - Arthur Dent
*				  "Wild Life": a Web comic --
*