Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

Re: Trek/SFB conversions

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:35:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Trek/SFB conversions

At 05:15 PM 1/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
><Sarcasm mode on>
>
>It seems a lot of people are of the opinion that the excessive
>rules-lawyering of SFB is a BAD thing. But if one wants to faithfully
portray
>space battles in the Trek universe then it's actually quite appropriate
--
>after all, how many Trek battles are won by anything as mundane as
*tactics?*

Oh, come on. I distinctly remember Kirk using tactics once, in the
second
movie. In fact, he used the third dimension and a big smoke screen
(nebula)
to come up behind the Reliant! Unfortunately, the Organians rescinded
that
tactic as throwing the balance of power out of whack. For that reason,
the Q
continuum was called in to change the universe from a sphere (or a three
dimensional saddle, if you're a Hawking fan) into a big pizza, kind of
like
a big, flattened cylinder. In this respect, the 2D tabletop of Full
Thrust
is actually quite realistic for the Star Trek universe.

>They're won because someone figures out a new and interesting way to
activate
>warp drive, or because Scotty/ Geordi/ Wesley/ whoever figures out how
>reverse the polarity on the frim-fram in time to destabilize the
enemy's
>whachamacallit! In this spirit, I offer the following system, soon to
be made
>standard on all my Federation ships:

---

>DOUBLE-TALK GENERATOR	(Cost: 25, Mass: 0)

I'd prefer the term Dual Phase Oral Logic Destabilizer, myself.

>(Can ya' tell I'm a Babylonian at heart?)

Me too!

Second part of 4th season Spoiler Space
[...]

So, have you seen the first new episode since Kosh was killed? I once
thought the Borg were the most interesting aliens on TV, but they're
wimps
beside the Vorlons and the Shadows.

And Picard never had to order a man and his ship to its death! All this
and
political assassination too! I love Monday nights...

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years