Prev: Re: PLEASE READ, this is important folks... Next: Re: Spelljammer?

Spelljammer?

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner@t...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:01:00 -0500
Subject: Spelljammer?

No, really.  :-)  Although not related to any Ground Zero products,
this post will reference a sort of space combat game below, and I
promise not to carry on a protracted discussion on the list.

I occasionally go into KayBee Toys to look for really cheap games.
They've usually got $10 Mutant Chronicles, for instance, or older
Star Wars/Star Trek Micromachines.  If you can find BattleMasters
(another $10 find sometimes), I think you could probably sell
it for a bunch more.  I've had people offer me $40 if I could
sell them one.

Lately they've also had $2.99 D&D and AD&D stuff.  Recently I
saw a whole pile of Spelljammer Captain's Companion boxes.
Spelljammer is (I think) an AD&D world or way of linking your
worlds by space sailing ships.	(Might not be, too.  I don't
usually follow TSR stuff, but that was my guess.)  Anyway,
this box claims to have a space combat system with 3D counters
(probably you fold cardboard into a ship and a sail and put 'em
together).  I get the impression that the game may be complete,
although the box also contains supplemental info for the RPG and
that particular setting.  I think the game description mentioned
3D, though whether that referenced the "3D" playing pieces or
3D positions, I don't know.

Anybody know anything about it?  Can I get a complete "fantasy
space" combat game from this box?  Is it worth $2.99?  I'll
probably pick one up unless I get tons of "Nooo, it isn't worth
it!  I've seen better games on the back of cereal boxes!" type

thanks,
andy
andy.skinner@tseng.com

Prev: Re: PLEASE READ, this is important folks... Next: Re: Spelljammer?