Prev: Re:If I remember correctly......HELP!!! Next: Re: PLEASE READ, this is important folks...

Re: Gall Force

From: James Butler <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 12:23:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Gall Force

At 03:24 PM 1/21/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Excerpts from FT: 21-Jan-97 Re: Gall Force by "Joseph A. Noll"@wstcm1.
>> >	   3.  Is it my imagination, or do the beam weapons of these
ships
>> >actualy bend and seek there targets.  Either that, or I am mistaking
them
>> >for missiles.
>> I think they are Beam weapons.  You do mean the ones that bend as
they are
>> comming out of the gun ports, right.  Those are beam weapons.  I
think the
>> mirror or whatever that bends the beam is what aims it.

	My copy of Gall Force, which has fan-installed subtitles, I
think,
refers to them as photon torpedoes. We've always assumed those weapons
were
some form of hypervelocity missile, especially because of one scene
where
you can make out some sort of round capsuley thing homing in on a ship.

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re:If I remember correctly......HELP!!! Next: Re: PLEASE READ, this is important folks...