Prev: Re: Space Operas Next: Re: Gall Force

Re:If I remember correctly......HELP!!!

From: ngilsena@m...
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 08:53:20 -0500
Subject: Re:If I remember correctly......HELP!!!

> From: 	 "Mike Wikan" <mww@n-space.com>
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Date: 	 Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:36:21 +0000
> Subject:	 Re:If I remember correctly......HELP!!!
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Priority:	 normal

> If I remember correctly a few months ago someone said that GZG
> offered a set of fighters for full thrust called Star Tigers or some
> such name that were more than slightly reminiscent of B5 Starfuries.
> They were supposedly only available in the UK.

Well I bought some of the Star Tigers in my last order and I have to
say if it wasn't for the name Legal advice might have been
appropriate.  Of course I'm sure it was just an unfortunate
coincidence that Star tigers are so similar.  Just like that other
amazing coincidence with the B5ish space station.  Rush out and buy
these two as they are both excellent.  As to the fighter size,
they're larger than the normal fighters, but should do nicely.

> The reason that I ask is that I did the
> math to purchase the Furies coming out for AOG's release and the
> figure was daunting, and mostly because I like small fighters as
> opposed to the larger scale that AOG will be using for fighters. On
> the other hand, AOG's scale for capital ships (3-5") seems very nice
> to me. Having a 5" G'Quon class BC on the table top seems quite manly
> to me. Combining the GZG scale fighters with the large Minis for
> AOG's game seems like the best of both worlds.

Sounds good.  By the way has anyone heard about a European
distributor?  And what about paint schemes for the AOG B5 ships?
Do they come unpainted?

> HELP!!
> Mike Wikan

Hope that helps.

NG.
Niall Gilsenan
DIT,Cathal Brugha St
Dublin, Ireland.
Niall Gilsenan
DIT,Cathal Brugha St
Dublin, Ireland.

Prev: Re: Space Operas Next: Re: Gall Force