Prev: Re: Gall Force Part 2 Next: Re: Gall Force

Re: DSII Questions

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:19:23 -0500
Subject: Re: DSII Questions

Ludo Toen wrote:
>To be honest I haven't found ANYTHING about GMS having a 360° arc.
>The capacity given in the rules seems to mean they can be mounted in a
>restricted frontal arc only.

Because GMS systems are _guided_ weapons there is no fire arc limitation

and can fire all round (360°). The low capacity is because they are
usually
externally mounted (a bit like TOW systems).

>In the section on GMS (p9) they do state that multiple systems on one
>vehicle can be fired at the same target (without mentioning fire
control).
>This seems to be just like the Full Thrust missiles. Does this mean
that a
>vehicle with GMS can fire another weapon and the GSM i one turn and at
>different targets (the analogy to FT would mean yes?).

>What do you think? Mike?

On p.18 it states "...any element may only fire ONE weapon system per
Combat Action.". This includes GMS systems. The reference on p.9 is to
the
fact that multiple GMSs may be fired as if they were one weapon system.