Prev: Re: DSII Questions Next: Re: DSII Questions

Re: Gall Force Part 2

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:00:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Gall Force Part 2

Excerpts from FT: 20-Jan-97 Gall Force Part 2 by "Mark A.
Siefert"@csd.uw
>	  OK, I get it now, it's a modified Adam and Eve story.  My main

> problem with all of this is  how does all-female society prepetuate
itself?
> How do they.....errrrr..."do it."

Odds are either cloning or parthenogenesis, but I haven't seen Gall
Force and don't really want to.  Though the SD version is cute, if
totally incomprehensible if you haven't seen the series and don't
understand Japanese.

> Mark's Overall Review:
>	  I'm sorry, this was a real downer for me.  When I first
starting
> watching it with the space combat and things going "boom,"  I thought
it
> was going to be cool.  It quickly went downhill from there.  If your
> looking for a lots of capital ships battles and  (Joe Bob Briggs MODE
> ON) nek-kid breasts (Joe Bob Briggs MODE OFF) watch it.  If your
looking
> for something with a plot, avoid it like the plague.

<grin> You'll find a fair bit of that 'round anime-way.  Did you ever
manage to find Legend of the Galactic Heroes?  If not, I can probably
help you in that respect... the club here has at least some of it,
subtitled.

Lessee... can't think of any other recommendations for space combat, or
at least not fleet battles.  Unless you want mecha in there, in which
case go find some Gundam.  But the mecha tend to be the focus of the
show, not the cap ships... though some mecha are as large as cap ships.
(Great image from near the end of 0083: mecha flys up to a destroyer
smaller than it is, plants this big-muckin'-gun barrel *over*
(surrounding) the bridge, and pulls the trigger....)

For DSII/StarGrunt(? whatever that other game is), you might try VOTOMs.
 The Armored Troopers are *great* IMO, and while the animation is
70s-ish (since it was, after all, made in the 70s ^_- ) it's a *very*
good show.  Part one pretty much just deals with a couple ATs, but in
part 2 you've got a whole mercenary camp of AT pilots.	It'd be good for
scenario ideas as well, I think.  Rent it if you can; it was released by
USMC (U.S. Manga Corps).

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: Re: DSII Questions Next: Re: DSII Questions