Prev: [SGII]How would you rate this? Next: Re: FT Battles

RE: FT Battles

From: gentloser@t... (David & Anita Crowhurst)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 11:57:28 -0500
Subject: RE: FT Battles

>We find the best kind of battles are on a 6'x4' table, but using cm's
instead
>of inches. It makes for an excellent game of manoeuvre, and the little
ships
>can operate on the flanks, or make fast attack runs from behind the
big ships
>and then hurtle out of range before being shot. If you're using inches,
>there's no point to taking little ships, they just get chewed up by the
>heavies.

Yep I have to agree with the above. When playing on a table sized area
then
cm is the only reasonable scale if the small ships are going to play any
kind of effective role. I prefer to have one or two large ships and then
the
rest, say about six or seven, small ships (I really like the NAC
Corvette
mini from Copelands).

>Peace and Love
>Geoffrey

regards
gent
---
Slums may well be breeding-grounds of crime,
but middle-class suburbs are incubators of apathy and delirium.

      ** http://www.tcp.co.uk:80/~gentloser/**
      **  Copyright © David Crowhurst 1996  **

Prev: [SGII]How would you rate this? Next: Re: FT Battles