Prev: Goblin's Lair Next: Re: B5\FT-New Narn Counters

Some new minis I saw yesterday

From: THE CIDER KING <PN013@l...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 05:20:36 -0500
Subject: Some new minis I saw yesterday

Yesterday I saw some excellent new starship miniatures that would be
ideal for
using with FT. There were quite a few designs and are supposed (in the
background the company uses) to be Pacific league ships, British,
American and Sector
Seven aliens. In general design terms there were ships (about an inch to
two
inches in length) reminiscent of the cylon fighters, a sort of Y-wing
style
fighter (though the cylon-ish one would be the size of a destroyer in FT
terms)
. The alien ships were based on hollowed out asteroids that had had
engines and
turrets and suchlike added. Detail was good, nice and crisp casting as
well - asfar as I could see on the examples that were in front of me
there was NO flash,
don't think there was any evidence of having had any cut away either.
The only
slight flaws in them were in the alien designs which were lacking in
some
surface detail (due to large portions of the hulls being of asteroid
component),though i suppose this would allow a complicated paint pattern
to be painted on
quite easily. Each force had several different ships, ranging in size.
Prices for these ships were also good - the aforementioned cylon style
thingy
(code FN01)  being £1 with others being 80p for 2 (about a cm long
each), thoughprices are said to start from 70p.
I'd recommend these minis. I'm certainly going to get hold of a few.
They even
have a transport with removable cargo pods (yeh! - more logistical
ships!).
Further details can be got from

Colonial Miniatures
44 Dovehouse Mead
Barking
ESSEX
IG11 7DS

Apparently more are due for release soon.

Cheers,

Martin

"And when the party's over, It's all over" - Blue Oyster Cult

Prev: Goblin's Lair Next: Re: B5\FT-New Narn Counters