Prev: Re: FT Battles Next: Re: FT Battles

Re: FT Battles

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 19:35:13 -0500
Subject: Re: FT Battles

Our games tended to run larger than 1500 points, usually in the range of
2000
(typical one-on-one) to 3000-4000+ with two or three per side.
Everybody
always had lots of new ideas to try and wanted to use a variety of
ships,etc,
so we usually ran pretty big battle.  We played on a 6' x 6' board,
using the
standard inch scale.  This opened up the flanks somewhat, but small
ships
were still pretty short lived.	Nevertheless, most players prefered a
mix of
ship classes, usually assigning special functions to smaller cruisers
and
escorts (missile boats, aegis ships, torpedo destroyers, etc) with large
beam
laden capitals anchoring the line and cruisers adding maneuverable
firepower.
 We genrally got a pretty good mix of different special weapons, etc
because
everyone had their preferences.

Later

Brian

Prev: Re: FT Battles Next: Re: FT Battles