Prev: Re: Computer game Next: Re: FT Battles

Re: FT Battles

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 17:55:41 -0500
Subject: Re: FT Battles

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, John Kovalic wrote:
> Just wondering, as I'm new to Full Thrust, what size battles do people
> normally fight out? I'm guessing 1,500 points or so, per side, make
for a
> good one-on-one game.

It depends -- for pick-up games, we usually play 2-4 ships per person,
with each person controlling a total of 500-1500 points worth of ships.
These games usually last 1 to 2 hours with 4-5 people, and we can get a
couple of them in per evening.

For campaign games, we have had battles with up to 3000 points per side.
These games usually take 6-8 hours because the players are restricted to
whatever ships they started the campaign with, and they aren't quite as
sanguine about making risky moves with their forces. IMO, these are the
best Full Thrust games I've played, because they require more thought &
planning by everyone involved.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: Re: Computer game Next: Re: FT Battles