Prev: Ion Cannons Next: Re: Ion Cannons

Re: Ion Cannons

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 19:06:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Ion Cannons

dgundberg@bcbsnd.com wrote:

>  Seasons Greetings all;

	And a Happy New Year to you, Sir.

>  With the impending release of the Star Wars Trilogy Special Editions
(US
>  release dates of 1/31 for SW, 2/21 for TESB, and 3/7 for RotJ) it is
time
>  to dust-off the FT-Star Wars conversions.

	Good thinking.	After my B5 Wars playtesting I'm going to be
Babylon-ed
out until the new episodes come out next month.  (I'm especially looking
forward to "Into the Fire."  I hear it's going to be a CGI blowout.)  I
could use a short vacation from Shadows, Minbari and Narns (Oh my!) and

>  Comments? Questions? Nasty remarks? Should screens reduce hits like
beams?

	Well according to the ST RPG, shields can't stop a ion cannon
blast.
So I think your safe.

>  This version of Ion Cannons is kinda like an EMP missile and close to
an
>  alternate weapon for the Sa'Vasku that I saw in this list's archives
(I
>  had already worked most of this out before I saw the Sa'Vasku
weapon).

	DOH!

	I was thinking of some Ion cannon rules that mimicked a beam
version of
the EMP missile. I not to fond of the needle beam version of the ion
cannon because it lacks the punch that we see in the movies (Remember
the Hoth Ion Cannon Vs. the Star Destoyer?)  It looks like you beat me
to the punch.  Oh well, I like `em anyway.  I'll try them out ASAP.

Later,
Mark S.

Prev: Ion Cannons Next: Re: Ion Cannons