Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

From: Why are there no 'B' batteries? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 16:47:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

>> >What's more, this is a Word document. Not only is this format
impossible to
>> >be used by several people on the list, it could easily contain one
of the
>> >Concept macro viruses. I will not open this document since I can't
be certain.

>> >Allan Goodall:  agoodall@sympatico.ca
>
>> Just use a dos based text viewer/editor.  Slice off the parts that
are
>> unreadable.
>>
>> What you have left is text only.
>
>Why should we do that? The message could have been sent more
>easily in a shorter form which could have been read immediately by
>sending it as straightforward text. The sending it as a binary file -
>in this case a Word 6 document is thoughtless and stupid.

Plus, just for a datapoint for y'all who aren't fully aware, not
everyone
out in the world has DOS in any way, shape, or form. Some (quite a
number)
of us get our mail through other means (eg, mine through work in a vms
enviroment - ain't no such thing as 'dos' there, unless someone defined
it
in their login as 'directory/owner/size' ;-)

So if you really want to limit the audience you're targetting, sure, by
all means, LIMIT IT! I sure dont want to read it if you don't really
want
me to.

(sorry for the minor vent; just really tired of people assuming that
just
because *they* have a particular system/set-up, everyone else does,
too).

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details