Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

From: "Nick Meredith" <nickm@d...>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 12:02:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

On 21 Dec 96 at 11:59, hosford.donald wrote:

> At 10:52 AM 12/21/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >>Document is in Word 6.
> >
> >What's more, this is a Word document. Not only is this format
impossible to
> >be used by several people on the list, it could easily contain one of
the
> >Concept macro viruses. I will not open this document since I can't be
certain.

> >Allan Goodall:  agoodall@sympatico.ca

> Just use a dos based text viewer/editor.  Slice off the parts that are
> unreadable.
>
> What you have left is text only.

Why should we do that? The message could have been sent more
easily in a shorter form which could have been read immediately by
sending it as straightforward text. The sending it as a binary file -
in this case a Word 6 document is thoughtless and stupid.
--
Cheers
Nick Meredith - nickm@discover.co.uk - Coventry, UK

Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details