Prev: A good year... (was Re: (North) American games...) Next: Renegade Legions (was Apology to list...)

ST:Voyager Mini kits

From: rpaul@w... (Robin Paul)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 11:42:26 -0500
Subject: ST:Voyager Mini kits

I just bought 3 Star Trek Voyager snap together minikits by Revell
Germany.
The kits are injection moulded in an appropriate colour plastic with
markings printed onto the parts.  The cost was 1.99 UK pounds per kit.

USS Voyager:	 5 parts;  63mm long, 24mm wide
Maquis Fighter:  5 parts;  42mm long, 53mm span
Kazon fighter:	 4 parts;  48mm long, 17mm wide

All 3 kits include a stand.

Detail is very basic. Fit is fairly poor, and 3 really need glueing
filling
and painting.  The carton illustrations are of much larger-scale models,
which is a bit naughty.  Overall, a bit like Micromachines done as kits.

The Maquis ship would make a nice enough FT battlecruiser with little or
no
work;  I'll probably get a couple more of it and the Kazon.

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rkp@mail.nerc-oxford.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"

Prev: A good year... (was Re: (North) American games...) Next: Renegade Legions (was Apology to list...)