Prev: re: (North) American games... Next: ST:Voyager Mini kits

A good year... (was Re: (North) American games...)

From: rpaul@w... (Robin Paul)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 11:09:28 -0500
Subject: A good year... (was Re: (North) American games...)

>>Now, Space 1889. THERE was a damn fine game for the Anglophile in all
of
>>us! (Well in me, at any rate).
>
>Except for the Britain versus Prussia angle, which was ahistorical.
Germany
>didn't become Britain's main opponent until just before WWI. At the end
of
>the 19th century, Britain was more focused on France and Russia
(ironically,
>the same two countries that became their allies before the Great War).
We've
>been running a Space 1889 scenario (using GURPS) for about 4 or 5 years
now.
>We've had to fix some of the real politics that was going on at the
time.

>Other than that, I agree with you. Mind you, my character is William
>"Wullie" McKay, steam engineer, would-be gunslinger and very Scottish
person.

>>John "Born in Manchester, 1962" Kovalic
>
>Allan "Born in Glasgow, 1962" Goodall

I assume everyone has read "A Transatlantic Tunnel, Hurrah" and "The
Difference Engine" for some "different" recent history...

Rob "Born in Edinburgh, 1962" Paul

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rkp@mail.nerc-oxford.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"

Prev: re: (North) American games... Next: ST:Voyager Mini kits