Prev: Re: Fighter Groups (Full Thrust isn't a simulation) Next: Re: (North) American games...(perhaps I should rephrase this :-) )

Re: (North) American games...

From: bobblanchett@i... (Bob Blanchett)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 03:42:24 -0500
Subject: Re: (North) American games...

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996 15:48:00 GMT, you wrote:

>Funny that you should mention Heavy Gear, it strikes a chord with
>one or two things that have been on the list here, as well as the
>musing of an Australian fellow that was sent to me privately. I
>would recopy what he wrote to the list, but that would be extremely
>rude to him.

Thanks for the courtesy David,	I logged on and got, 50 messages
ROTFL!

you have made a good point. but I have a better one which an
ENGLISHMAN (preferably a Yorkshireman doing a Geoffrey Boycott
impersonation, if you can find one!) should make:

Which was the first set of simple rules to come out to cater for the
jaded wargamer? before fire and fury before all the others?

DBA!
is the progenitor of all these!

BTW you may find it amusing to note I am infact a dual national I also
am an American and I know how difficult it is to reason with an
American one you have pushed his patriotic button.

Where else would a naional competition have a baseball world
championship?

It's hard to get a lot of ?US folks to look at things from a
non-american perspective.
--
Bob Blanchett
bobblanchett@iname.com