Prev: Re: (North) American games... Next: Re: (North) American games...

Re: Fighter Groups (Full Thrust isn't a simulation)

From: bobblanchett@i... (Bob Blanchett)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 02:35:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighter Groups (Full Thrust isn't a simulation)

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996 13:53:18 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>I've watched the shuttle take hours to load its fuel stores and then
later
>watch it launch and burn it all off in a few short minutes.  It really
>depends on what technology you plan to simulate.

When did Full Thrust become a simulation (!)
Trying to make Full Thrust a simulation by pissing about with ship
construction or other core rules is like trying to build the Sydney
Harbor bridge out of meccano.

Empire Napooleonics is a simulation. Empire players tend to be very
sombre and serious.
Full Thrust is a SF-based miniatures game. Full Thrust players have
smiles on their faces and cheer when they roll sixes.

Try racing a model T ford at Indianapolis.
--
Bob Blanchett
bobblanchett@iname.com

Prev: Re: (North) American games... Next: Re: (North) American games...