Prev: Re: (North) American games... Next: re: (North) American games...

Re: One thing I'd love to see...

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 01:21:40 -0500
Subject: Re: One thing I'd love to see...

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, lojeck wrote:

> > In most space anime, at the scales we see FT battles taking place
at,
> > mecha are just fighters with a different shape.  You might add some
> > optional rules for `boarding actions' or running across the surface
of
> > a ship blasting turrets, etc, but aside from that I don't see much
> > need for changes.
>
> I realize all I'd need do is make ship stats for mecha, but I was
thinking
> they'd move much differently then normal ships (perhaps allow them to
use
> thrust to move in any direction with no enertia or turn 1 clockstop
with 1
> thrust...) then again, if they are just fighters, it may be simpler
(no,
> it WILL be simpler) to just make them fighters...
>
> ah well... never mind
>

> Brian Lojeck
> lojeck@mizar.usc.edu
>
> "This is the .sig that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends.
> Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was; but now that
they've
> been reading it, they notice it because... This is the .sig that never
ends..."

I have been fiddling with some ideas for mecha (fighter size) combat.
Basically I had come up with two systems.  The first was simply a
fighter
that had several abilities that would be called a mecha of some type.
Very simple, but didn't really give the right feel.  The second idea was
again a fighter.  But this time it had several different "forms" that it
could change into.  There were three (Robotech, what can I say) and each
had different stats and was better at several different things.  You had
change from one type to the next in order.  For models I used some Epic
(GW) Dreadnoughts and Robot figs.  They are slightly larger than fighter
size (about the size of a Corvette), but close enough.	Brian, why don't
you give it some thought.  You have posted some excellent stuff in the
past and I would like to see your ideas.  I'm not real satisfied with
what
I have so far.

Chad Taylor

Prev: Re: (North) American games... Next: re: (North) American games...