Prev: re: (North) American games... Next: Re: (North) American games...

Re: (North) American games...

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 23:44:54 -0500
Subject: Re: (North) American games...

At 05:29 PM 12/13/96 -0600, John Kovalic wrote:

>Actually, another great game which is let down by it's background is
Ogre.
>Love both it and FT, but the implausability of both histories just
leave me
>cold.

Yeah, the Ogre background was a bit far fetched, but not much more than
most
SF games. The Renegade Legion background was pretty dopey, too.

>Now, Space 1889. THERE was a damn fine game for the Anglophile in all
of
>us! (Well in me, at any rate).

Except for the Britain versus Prussia angle, which was ahistorical.
Germany
didn't become Britain's main opponent until just before WWI. At the end
of
the 19th century, Britain was more focused on France and Russia
(ironically,
the same two countries that became their allies before the Great War).
We've
been running a Space 1889 scenario (using GURPS) for about 4 or 5 years
now.
We've had to fix some of the real politics that was going on at the
time.

Other than that, I agree with you. Mind you, my character is William
"Wullie" McKay, steam engineer, would-be gunslinger and very Scottish
person.

>John "Born in Manchester, 1962" Kovalic

Allan "Born in Glasgow, 1962" Goodall

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: re: (North) American games... Next: Re: (North) American games...