Prev: Re: FT3 Next: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@a...>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 17:22:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

lojeck wrote:
> > in the Fantasy gameing genere.  And you have got to admit alot of
players
> > play fantasy.  It may be a good business move, if he can get alittle
of
> > that disgruntled Games Workshop (TM) crowd.
>
> I cannot tell you how fantastic this would be... Jon, if you get wind
of
> this, sign me up for a copy now!

You know, there's no reason that you can't use StarGrunt II for fantasy
battles as is; just scale the top-end weapon systems down from heavy
sniper lasers and convert it to a heavy longbow.

The only big hole would be magic systems, but there are so many kinds of
magic people like (see Raven and WH) that its almost /better/ to only
have a very minor sketch of magic and leave it to players to flesh it
out.

--
Alexander Williams {zander@photobooks.com   ||Member: Evil Geniuses
		    thantos@alf.dec.com}    ||For a Better Tomorrow

"Perhaps we should lower our mental trousers and compare the size of
 our consciousnesses?"
				       -- Jan Sands to Marvin Minsky
					  comp.ai.genetic
		<http://www.photobooks.com/~zander/>

Prev: Re: FT3 Next: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]