Prev: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules Next: Re: size of ships...

Re: Kra'Vak house-rules

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 09:13:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Chad Taylor wrote:

> Rail Guns:
>
> (1) Rail Guns have lost their double damage ability.
>	  [This change had the unexpected benefit of actually helping
speed
>	   play as well as balancing out the damage they can do.]

How do you represent Kra'Vak armour? After all, it was developed to
protect against rail guns, but only reduces the chance of double damage.

[Many good ideas snipped]

> (3) Class 10 Scattergun:

>	The Class 10, unlike other weapons, does not have an unlimited
> amount of ammunition.  Rounds must be bought separately by the Kra'Vak
> player and represented on the ship (they can be "destroyed" by
threshold
> checks).  Each `round' of ammunition allows the ship to fire the Class
10
> Scattergun one time.

Why? If the Class 10 Railgun don't have to buy separate ammo (and Nova
Cannon/Waveguns certainly don't) I don't think this weapon should have
either. Of course, it is very much smaller than a Wavegun (and doesn't
risk blowing up!), so additional ammo might be needed.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Father, what is wrong?"
"My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
 I have forgotten how to dance."
- Londo Mollari

Prev: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules Next: Re: size of ships...