Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Ramming

Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 13:47:32 -0500
Subject: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

Eric Fialkowski wrote:
>As I have been watching these two threads, I've noticed what I consider
>be a disheartening effect to make the game more COMPLICATED.  I see
that
>there are problems with mass vs points or with big ships vs small ships
but
>I personally like the game AS IT STANDS.  I have DS II & SG II but I
would
>rather play Full Thrust based on it ease to play.  If I want a complex
game,
>I'll dig out my 50 pounds of Star Fleet Battles.  The direction seems
like
>Car Wars.  It started out as a fun, easy to play, yet extendable game,
then
>it became "Car Fleet Battles" with way too much stuff (optional rules,
rules
>revisions, and such).
>Let's not take FT there.

By golly you're in luck!  Just play FT as your manual reads.  For those
who
like to tinker with the rules, we love the game as well.  I think FT
will
always stay simple and fun as Jon intended it to be.  I met Jon last
GenCon
and he really likes to hear about our ideas and suggestions, but I
really
doubt he would let the game turn into SFB or something.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Ramming