Prev: Re: Minimum Range Next: Re: FT III alternative rules

Re: boarding actions (was Hit and Run Rules)

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 10:56:19 -0500
Subject: Re: boarding actions (was Hit and Run Rules)

Eric Fialkowski writes:

@:) Second, my Hit and Run rules for boarding actions:
@:) [ zorch ]

  I don't have any particular comments about the hit and run rules but
I am curious to find out whether anyone on the list has seen any
successful boarding actions and, if so, what tactics were used to
catch up with the ship to be boarded.  We've been looking at all sorts
of rules geared towards preventing ships from being destroyed
instantaneously and one suggestion was that we capture each others'
vessels.  Unfortunately, so far no one has been able to successfully
match speed with an enemy ship (even a crippled one) in order to
board.	As long as the engines are still working, it would seem to be
just a matter of luck as to whether you can match velocities.

  Once again it occurs to me as I write this that this would not
necessarily be the case with larger ships.  A capital ship with
original thrust 2, reduced to 1 because of damaged, would probably be
pretty easy to catch up with.  With lighter ships, however, it seems
quite difficult.

-joachim

Prev: Re: Minimum Range Next: Re: FT III alternative rules