Prev: Re[2]: Beam Weapons Next: Re: Heroes in FT space battles

Re: Beam Weapons

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:27:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Beam Weapons

Date sent:  29-NOV-1996 09:18:21

>>Mike, when is GZG gonna make the A batteries mass 4 ?!?

>	 This is certainly something I agree with. With all the talk
about
>balancing A-bats it certainly would be very reassuring to get an
OFFICIAL
>solution so that we can all be using the same fix.

>	 James

Am I the only one who disagrees with this? All it needs is a little
common sence to create designs that 'feel' right. As has already been
pointed out, while a ship with a longer reach might be better at
maximum performance, once those threshold checks start taking effect,
or if someone is using needlers, that single A can be a liability.

Besides the jump from C to B to A is the best way of displaying
increased
technology as well as better weapons.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re[2]: Beam Weapons Next: Re: Heroes in FT space battles