Prev: Re:PBeM game Next: B5Wars List vs. FT List

Re: PBeM game

From: Why is everything around here a long story? Why can't anything be a short story? A paragraph? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:19:35 -0500
Subject: Re: PBeM game

>>Sign me up!  I would prefer FT/B5.
>
>Hmmm. Are people trying to tell the B5-wars developers something? (Like
>why bother when JT's doing the role playing game combat system)

For PBeM, simplicity is far preferable over complexity (I speak from
both the player and ref standpoints ;). I think the B5Wars game has
a place in the gaming field, and has potential, and some neat ideas
that can't quite be represented in FT-like systems (at least not
without getting more complex than necessary). Some people will like
the B5Wars system over JT's system, I'm sure (hey, there are people/nuts
out there who prefer SFB over almost anything else  ;-). Others won't.
Matter of preference, thaz all.

Both FT and B5Wars can be done over email; FT's just a lot simpler,
and has a wider audience than B5Wars does (hey, is this a B5Wars
list, or an FT list?  ;-).

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re:PBeM game Next: B5Wars List vs. FT List