Prev: Re: Conventional DS2? Next: Re: Cosmic Balance + FT

Re: Conventional DS2?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 12:06:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Conventional DS2?

At 03:54 PM 11/19/96 +0000, you wrote:

>So eg
>Type:	    Sherman	  T34 model 1942     Panther	 Tiger 1E
>			     (ie76mm)
>Size:	       3		3		4	    5
>Armour:       2		3		4	    5
>Engine:      CFE	       CFE	       CFE	   CFE
>Mobility:  Slow Trk	    Fast Trk	     FastTrk	V.Slow.Trk
>Weapons:    HVAC/3	     HVAC/3	      HVAC/4	  HVAC/5
>      (HVAC/4 in Firefly)
>Firecon:   Enhanced	      Basic	     Superior	 Superior
>
>That actually looks pretty reasonable, I'd say...

I could debate the Panther and Tiger 1E stats. The Tiger had thicker
armour
than the Panther, but the Panther's was better sloped and thus was
EFFECTIVELY thicker. Also (if I remember correctly), the Tiger's 88mm
gun
while larger in calibre actually had a lower muzzle velocity than the
Panther's long 75mm. However, change Tiger 1E to Tiger 2 and you've
probably
got it. I'd give a T34-85 the same stats as the Panther but with Basic
firecon.

And THANK YOU for the Firefly mention! The UK and Canada made good use
of
what was considered the best Sherman variant. I heard that politics
stopped
the US from adopting the Sherman.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Conventional DS2? Next: Re: Cosmic Balance + FT