Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers) Next: Re[2]: APC additions

Re: Another dumbass Q

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:34:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Another dumbass Q

At 12:54 PM 11/19/96 -0800, you wrote:

>     So, what expoxy do you use, or how can I tell if an expoxy
>works on plastic and metal?

I found some amazing glue called Goop. Goop comes in a couple of forms.
have Crafter's Goop and regular Goop. Goop glues lead and pewter and
seems
to hold up well. It also glues ESCI/Airfix/Matchbox/Revell soft plastic
figures! It's the only glue I've seen that will do so!! I glued a
plastic
Norman to his horse and left it over night. He's still on his horse,
even
after I picked him up by his head and shook him violently.

The stuff is like epoxy just before it starts to harden: it's thick and
stringy. So far it's working quite well, though I haven't used it long
enough to detect anything like epoxy's deterioration problems.

I don't know where you can get Goop in the UK, but I bought Crafter's
Goop
in a Lewiscraft store (for you Canucks out there) and regular Goop in a
Depot (which can be found in the US and Canada).

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers) Next: Re[2]: APC additions