Prev: Re: Bad Grammer. Next: Re: Cosmic Balance + FT

Re: Mold Master

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 14:01:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Mold Master

John Crimmins wrote:
>	 I was in Kay-bee toys today, making my weekly check (The damned
>Micro Machines Star Wars Robots pack is STILL at regular price!), and I
saw
>some molds meant for a product called Mold Master, which has been
getting a
>lot of discussion on r.g.m.m. of late.  Apparently, it's some sort of
toy
>that is used to melt metal, pour it into molds, and produce miniatures
of
>various sorts.  The molds that I saw were for a pair of spaceships, and
>actually looked half decent.  Unfortunately, there were no photographs
on
>the box, and there was no way of telling the scale of the ships.
Frankly, I
>can't imagine something like this producing models of really good
quality,
>but I've been wrong before.  Plus, if the metal is soft enough, it
might be
>pretty easy to modify the results and produce different ship classes.
Has
>anybody heard anything about this item?

I've seen what you're describing.  For casting my own minis I've used
products from Castolite and Synair and obtained fairly good results.
Currently I am using resin to cast my minis to produce lighter ships for
mounting on bases.  If you wanted to cast metals, the molds work fine
with
lead and have casting products available for additional metals and
composites.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Bad Grammer. Next: Re: Cosmic Balance + FT