Prev: Re: Another dumbass Q Next: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

Re: Conventional DS2?

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 06:18:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Conventional DS2?

> If no one has done this before, is anyone out there interested in the
> results? I have a Russia versus Ukraine scenario in mind (with an
observing
> NATO unit thrown into the mix). I'd rather do it in DS2 than learn
another
> game system, like GDW's Combined Arms.

I'm not sure your concern about the apparent lack of difference
between the WWII tanks will actually /matter/ that much in the context
of a running game.  Sure, they'll have very similar stats, but the
games I've played tend to have similar force compositions in any case.
DSII should have no problem with the actual scenario you have in mind,
in fact, you might find that the morale rules in DSII, simple as they
are, emulate the tactics you'd expect to see going on better than some
historical wargames.

Prev: Re: Another dumbass Q Next: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules