Prev: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?

Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

From: JAMES BUTLER <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 01:02:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

At 05:15 PM 11/14/96 +0000, you wrote:
>>Both can engage ships within their range and roll one die.
>>	  Target unshielded	  - 5,6 hits for 1 damage point
>>	  Target level 1 shield/armour - 6 hits for 1 damage point
>
>I don't know that I'd give them armor/shield piercing capability;
>a shield or an armored hull should be proof against the wimpy little
>charges that [PA]DAF's use.  (Unless you're playing a hard SF game,
>which this is not, and base the damage on kinetic energy.)  And the
>small ships that you mention are too small to be shielded, and usually
>don't get armor.

	Wasn't there a similar concept (PDAF/ADAF having an anti-ship
ability) in the latest B5 FT adaptations? I don't remember what the rule
was
but it seemed like a good idea when I read it.

	Not that it has anything to do with anything but I also thought
the
inertialess drives idea from the B5 FT adaptations would be a good
addition
to Star Trek FT as warp drives are inertialess.

	Outta here,

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?