Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers) Next: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

Re:Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

From: mllaneza@s... (Michael Carter Llaneza)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 21:38:09 -0500
Subject: Re:Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

At 1:00 PM 11/13/96, Allan Goodall wrote:> At 05:51 PM 11/11/96 -0800,
you wrote:

> I've got it but haven't played it. I got mine used, so I think it's
>already
> punched. I also have Mayfair's Hammer's Slammers game. Has anyone
found a
> source for DS2 vehicles that might work for H's S?  At GenCon I found
> company that makes plastic vehicles in the right scale for DS2. They
were
> bulky in design, but looked pretty good. Unfortunately, they only had
>enough
> vehicle designs to outfit one side in a conflict (unless you don't
>mind both
> sides having identical vehicles, differently painted). I also have a
>set of
> Micro Machines that comes with a double-barreled grav tank. They
>don't look
> too bad, but they're hard to find. Anyone else have suggestions?

If you'll recall from the Hammer's Slammers books, the Slammers never
went up a similarly equipped opponent. So you'd only need ONE set of
Slammers  vehicles. I'd say 3 or 6 tanks, 12-36 combat cars, a few
hover jeeps (don't forget the tri-barrel), and skimmer-mounted infantry
to taste. For OpFor (gratuitious jargon !) damn near anything. Ever
notice how Col. Hammer took a lot of jobs that required heavy fighting,
but only rarely against forces with powerguns ? Smart business man....

Michael Carter Llaneza
http://www.hypnotic.com/
Devolution is very real to me.