Prev: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Re: Looking for a new home.

Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 13:00:16 -0500
Subject: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

At 05:51 PM 11/11/96 -0800, you wrote:
>There was even a Forever War game from Mayfair many moons ago. It was a
>pretty decent game system, although I am loath to punch a signed copy
>to actually play the thing.

I've got it but haven't played it. I got mine used, so I think it's
already
punched. I also have Mayfair's Hammer's Slammers game. Has anyone found
source for DS2 vehicles that might work for H's S?  At GenCon I found a
company that makes plastic vehicles in the right scale for DS2. They
were
bulky in design, but looked pretty good. Unfortunately, they only had
enough
vehicle designs to outfit one side in a conflict (unless you don't mind
both
sides having identical vehicles, differently painted). I also have a set
of
Micro Machines that comes with a double-barreled grav tank. They don't
look
too bad, but they're hard to find. Anyone else have suggestions?

As for the Forever War, has anyone thought of converting it to SG2? If
so,
any figure suggestions? Any rule suggestions? I'm not sure Forever War
could
be done in SG2, though.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Re: Looking for a new home.