Prev: RE: St*rsh*p Tr**p*rs... speedy trivia question. Next: Dirtside II Mortar Teams

RE: Dirtside II Mortar Teams

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:13:57 -0500
Subject: RE: Dirtside II Mortar Teams

Date sent:  12-NOV-1996 16:09:42

>Hi there
>	Our group is about to get started with a Dirtside II campaign,
>and we are going to be using mortar teams as part of our infantry
forces.

>I checked out Andy Cowell's DSII page and found Iceburg's house rules
>for mortars, but they don't show the amount of damage the mortars would
>do when they hit.

>I'm going to assume that since a hit from light artillery does 1 chit
>damage to vehicles and 2 chits damage to infantry, a hit from a mortar
>will do less -- i.e. 0 chits damage to vehicles and 1 chit damage to
>infantry.

>How does that sound to everyone else?	Fair enough, or underpowered?

A lot underpowered. You are not going to hurt infantry with only one
chit.
I'd say 0 chits for vehicles, 2 chits for infantry BUT attacks soft
vehicles
as if they were infantry (Includes armor 1 vehicles, as the shell will
be diving onto the weaker top armour). Sound fairer?

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: RE: St*rsh*p Tr**p*rs... speedy trivia question. Next: Dirtside II Mortar Teams